As we all know, YouTube’s picture-in-picture mode cannot be used on Android and iOS devices. Apple has launched the long-awaited picture-in-picture mode on the iPhone with iOS 14. With the new video playback function in PiP, users can also zoom out the video and play it in a floating window. However, some users have reported that the iPhone’s picture-in-picture feature is not available for YouTube. This tutorial will show you the easiest way to create or add YouTube PiP shortcut on safari for iPhone iOS 14 and how to use it.
YouTube Premium subscription unlocks many other features. Context rendering is one of the functions used. Basically, it’s a good idea to play the video in the background while doing other things on the mobile device.
However, if you want, this is perfect for playing music. To watch movies, you must use pictures in picture mode. In the latest iOS 14 update, Apple add YouTube PiP shortcut on safari for iPhone iOS 14. Although this feature can be used to make video calls on WhatsApp and Facetime. It is not currently possible to stream videos on the YouTube app, but there is a solution.
Create and Add YouTube PiP Shortcut on Safari for iPhone iOS 14
To view YouTube videos in picture-in-picture format, you can also include the same code in the iOS shortcut selected in Safari’s “Actions” view (previously called “Share”).
Here’s how to create and add YouTube PiP shortcut on safari for iPhone iOS 14:
- Go to the Shortcuts app on your iPhone and click on the “+” icon at the top right-hand corner.
- Tap on Web.
- Click the blue words Web Page, then choose Shortcut Input in the pop-up menu.
let v = document.querySelector(‘video’);
v.addEventListener(‘webkitpresentationmodechanged’, (e)=>e.stopPropagation(), true);
- Choose for the shortcut a name and tap Done.
- Click on the three dots icon in the top-right corner of the screen and also on the next page.
- Turn on Show in Share Sheet, and click on the Share Sheet Types, then tap on Deselect All and select Safari web pages.
- Go back to the Details screen, then click Done twice.
How to Use iOS 14’s picture-in-picture mode to watch YouTube videos on Safari
- Launch the Safari web browser and open YouTube.
- Play any video you want in YouTube video and then click on the share icon.
- Tap on the YouTube PiP shortcut that we created before, tap on Allow.
- Now, you can enjoy the PiP mode on your iPhone on iOS 14.
Before you click, the YouTube video will play in picture-in-picture mode in iOS 14. Here, you can also set the speed and resolution of video playback on the mini player.
To continue using the picture-in-picture mode, press the home button or swipe to the iPhone home screen instead of clicking “Close”. You can move the small window of the player as usual, use shortcuts to search and play and pause the video.
This makes it easy to create and add YouTube PiP shortcut on safari for iPhone iOS 14. Safari shortcut for iPhone iOS 14, and use picture-in-picture mode to watch Youtube videos.