How to Change the Background Color of highlighted or selected Text on Windows 10? Do you want to change the highlight color to any color you want every time you select or highlight text? Usually, people change the background color because they find the default color is boring or gorgeous, and want to display unique or different colors. In this tutorial, I will show you how to change the background color of highlighted or selected text on Windows 10 PC and laptop. You can follow the steps below to make the text on your PC or laptop more colorful.
Why change the colors?
Color and emotion are closely related: warm colors can evoke different emotions compared with cool colors, and light colors can evoke different feelings compared with soft colors, all of which depend on the psychological effects of colors.
Happy or sad, they can make us feel hungry or relaxed. These reactions are the result of psychological influence, biological regulation and cultural imprinting.
Therefore, you need to be careful when choosing a background for your PC or laptop or choosing colors for highlighted text. Read the technical knowledge below.
Change the Background Color of highlighted Text in Windows 10 PC and Laptop
- Go to Registry Editor by going to the Search Box and type Reg.
- A User Account Control box will be opened, asking you if you want this app to make changes to your device. Click Yes.
- Go to the following key:
- Double-click Hilight on the right.
- The “Edit Row” dialog box appears.
- In the “Value” section, enter three digits, the RGB numbers that represent the colors.
- To find great unique colors, please visit here.
- Enter the website number in RGB format, and then enter the URL in the “Value Data” box, for example, B.102,255,25.
- Then click “OK”. Restart the computer to make changes.
- After restarting the computer or laptop and returning to the desktop, highlight the text and you will find the color of your choice.
Change the Color of highlighted Text in Windows 10 PC & Laptop
- Go to Registry Editor by going to the Search Box and typing Reg.
- A Registry Editor window will open.
- Go to the following key:
- Double-click HilightText on the right.
- The Edit Line dialog box appears.
- In the “Value” section, enter the three-digit RGB number that represents the color.
- Restart the computer to make it work properly.
- After restarting and returning to the desktop, try to select text.
- You will notice that the previously selected color matches the color of the text.
that’s all! We hope this guide helped you change the background color of highlighted or selected text on Windows 10 laptops and PCs. good luck!