How to Check Windows 10 Version Edition and OS Build on Windows PC in 2021? Have you ever wanted to figure out what Windows 10 Version, Edition, or OS Build are you using on your PC or laptop? In the meantime, if you want to learn more about Windows 10 Operating System Version and Edition, you’ve come to the right place. In this guide, we will show you some ways to check Windows 10 Version Edition and OS Build on Windows PC in 2021.
In addition, we also assume that Windows 10 is the latest version of the operating system. It’s easy, but you must download and install a new version of Windows 10 every year. We have Anniversary Update, November 2020 Update, and October 2021 Update. Updates to Windows 10 and many other important changes. What do all these names mean? How do you know which version of Windows 10 you are using? How do I know the version, build or type of Windows 10? Don’t worry, we have everything you need, you will know everything about the version, release and build of the Windows 10 operating system.
The build number is now mainly used for Windows. These are important improvements for Windows.Traditionally, most people label Windows by the main variant they use: Windows Vista, 7, 8, etc.
Now the situation of Windows 10 has improved. For novices, Microsoft said that there will be no new versions of Windows in the future; this leaves Windows 10. Microsoft also abandons service packs every year to release and name two large assemblies. It is easier to refer to the latest Windows version by version number when needed. Microsoft has hidden the version number to keep Windows 10 updated, but it is not difficult to find.
What is Version, Edition, Build OS?
- Version: The version number is the most accurate way to determine which version of Windows 10 you are using. The number is in YYMM format and is based on the date of the last major build update. For example, the version “1607” in the screenshot above indicates that you have been using this version since July 2016 (July).
- Edition: This is an important update of Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, indicating whether to use Windows 10 Home Edition, Professional Edition, Enterprise Edition or Education Edition. Windows 10 Home Edition and you want to upgrade to the Professional Edition, you can upgrade your operating system. To upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise or Education Edition, please reinstall everything and use a special key that ordinary Windows users cannot use.
- OS: This line shows the operating system version you are using. We provide updated schedules for minor builds during major releases.693″ in the screenshot above is build 13 because it was released in July 1607. Most people don’t care about the details as much as they care about the major version number, which might help….
How to Check Windows 10 Version Edition and OS Build on PC or Laptop
To figure out and check Windows 10 Version Edition and OS build on PC or laptop we will show you 3 different ways.
Method 1. Check Windows 10 Version, Edition and OS Build using the Settings App
The new Settings app offers to figure out the build, edition, and version information.
- Use Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Tap on the System.
- Select About from the left-hand side panel. You will see information about your Windows 10 Edition, Version, OS Build, and more under the Windows specifications On the right side.
Method 2. Check Windows 10 Version, Edition and OS Build using a Keyboard Shortcut
The easiest and easiest way to find out the version, version, and internal version of your Windows operating system is to use keyboard shortcuts. On newer systems, you can do the following:
- Press the Windows key and the pause key at the same time.
- A system information window will appear. In the Windows specification section, you should see information about release, version, operating system build, experience, and installation.
Method 3. Check Windows 10 Version, Edition and OS Build using the Winver Command
This method works the same no matter what version of Windows 10 you have/;
- Press the Windows key and search for “winver” and enter.
- This command will open About Windows, where you will see your Windows 10 version, then the operating system version and Windows 10 version.
Here are the 3 main ways to check Windows 10 Version Edition and OS Build on Windows PC. You may be trying to find out if Windows 10 has undergone a specific update, if you have access to features that are only available in certain versions, or if you can download the 64-bit or 32-bit version of the package (release, version, build number And build type) may help.