How to Create a Bootable USB Installer for macOS Catalina on Windows 10? After the old CD disappears, you can now use the USB drive to store files and data and transfer them to your computer. In addition, you can now easily create a bootable USB installer for macOS Catalina on a Windows 10 PC or laptop without using an old CD.
There are multiple ways to create a bootable macOS Catalina USB installer. You can use any code to create a USB installer with CMD without the help of third-party software. There is a downside: the code is boring, and most people hate them.
Therefore, we conducted a lot of research and found three main new methods that can be used to build macOS Catalina USB installers on Windows 10 PCs and laptops. If you hate using the CMD method, please follow the steps below to easily build a USB installer using third-party software.
How to Create a bootable USB installer for macOS Catalina on Windows 10 PC
Bet you like Clover EFI, this is one of the most popular ways to make a USB installer for any operating system. However, we provide you with some pretty good new methods, including one of the best programs, which is great.
The software is very simple and easy to use, it only takes a few minutes to burn ISO or DMG files to USB. You will also get a USB installer for macOS Catalina, which allows you to easily install macOS Catalina on various devices. no problem. So let’s get started.
Before you start, make sure to download the macOS Catalina DMG file. Otherwise, you can download it from here.
Method 1. Create a macOS Catalina USB installer on Windows 10 via the UltraDMG app
UltraDMG is a software that can be used to create a bootable macOS USB installer under Windows 10. The software can be used on Windows 10 and Mac devices. Therefore, UltraDMG software is also compatible with these media.
Like other software, the user interface of UltraDMG is getting simpler and simpler. It allows anyone with a basic understanding of computers to create a bootable USB installer. However, before using this software to create a macOS Catalina USB installer, please ensure the following:
- Download the UltraDMG app on Windows PC.
- A 16GB of the USB drive.
- macOS Catalina DMG file
Once the above requirements are met, you can start creating a bootable macOS Catalina USB installer on Windows 10.
- To create a USB installer, connect the USB drive to a computer or laptop.
- Run the UltraDMG program as an administrator.
- Before writing the DMG file to the USB flash drive, the software must format the flash drive.
- Therefore, please check if your files are not on the USB memory stick.
- You will then have access to the options to get started.
- You can write or extract DMG files.
- If you want to create a USB installer, click the first option and continue.
- Then find and select the DMG file from the folder on your computer, and click Burn.
- The application starts writing the DMG file to the USB and creates the macOS Catalina USB installer on Windows 10.
After successful completion, a “Recording Complete” message will be displayed on the screen. You can then disable the macOS Catalina USB installer and use it as needed. Or, you can get help from the official tutorial videos created by the UltraDMG group.
Method 2. Create a macOS Catalina USB installer on Windows 10 with TransMac
TransMac is one of the most common tools for creating bootable macOS USB installers on Windows PCs. Before you start, make sure you have the following conditions:
- Download TransMac on Windows PC.
- macOS Catalina DMG file.
- USB flash drive with Min 16GB storage.
After having all of the above requirements, you are ready to start the process.
- To create a USB installer, connect the USB flash drive to your Windows 10 PC or laptop.
- Run the TransMac application as an administrator.
- Now format your USB memory stick and rename it if necessary.
- Then click Browse and select the macOS Catalina DMG file from the download folder on your computer.
- After adding the files, click “Create USB Installer” and wait for the process to complete.
This process may take about 10 minutes. After the software creates a bootable macOS Catalina USB installer, you can turn off the USB and use it to install and reinstall macOS Catalina on your MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac, and other devices.
Method 3. Create a macOS Catalina USB installer on Windows 10 using “DMG editor”
UUbyte DMG Editor is another software that can be used to create a USB drive to install macOS Catalina on a Windows 10 PC. If this is caused by an unexpected problem, you will not be able to use either of the above two software programs. In addition, DMG editor is another great software. The interface of this particular software is similar to the UltraDMG interface, and there are many similarities between the two programs. The process of creating a bootable USB installer on both devices is almost the same.
That’s all! Here’s how to use third-party software on a Windows 10 PC or laptop to How to Create a Bootable USB Installer for macOS Catalina on Windows 10. Creating a bootable UBS installer used to be difficult and time-consuming, but with the advent of new software, it can be done easily in simple steps. In addition, there can be many other programs that can also be tested. But we believe that there is no safer and simpler way to do this.