How to Download And Install VirtualBox on Windows 11 PC
VirtualBox is open-source programming for virtualizing the x86 processing engineering. It goes about as a hypervisor, making a VM (virtual machine) where the client can run another OS (operating system).
The working framework where VirtualBox runs is known as the “host” OS. The operating system running in the VM is known as the “gest” OS. VirtualBox upholds Windows, Linux, or macOS as its host OS.
While designing a virtual machine, the client can indicate the number of CPU cores, and the amount RAM and disk space ought to be committed to the VM. At the point when the VM is running, it tends to be “stopped.” System execution is frozen at that point, and the client can continue utilizing it later.
History Of VirtualBox
VirtualBox was initially evolved by Innotek GmbH, and delivered on January 17, 2007 as an open-source programming bundle. The organization was subsequently bought by Sun Microsystems.
On January 27, 2010, Oracle Corporation bought Sun, and took over advancement of VirtualBox.
Supported operating systems On VirtualBox
Followings are the supported guest operating systems in the VirtualBox:
- Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista, 2000, NT, and 98.
- Linux distributions based on Linux kernel 2.4 and newer, including Ubuntu, Debian, OpenSUSE, Mandriva/Mandrake, Fedora, RHEL, and Arch Linux.
- Solaris and OpenSolaris.
- macOS X Server Leopard and Snow Leopard.
- OpenBSD and FreeBSD.
- BeOS R5.
Download And Install VirtualBox on Windows 11 PC
For introducing VirtualBox on Windows 11 PC, essentially explore to your program and quest for VirtualBox. When the VirtualBox official site seemed > click on that to open the principle window. Then, at that point On the VirtualBox official site click on the Download VirtualBox > Under the VirtualBox stage bundles click on Windows hosts to download it.
Then you also have to download the “extension pack” for that Look down under the VirtualBox Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack click on All supported Platforms to begin downloading the extension pack.
Install VirtualBox on Windows 11 PC
Once you have downloaded the VirtualBox on your windows 11 PC by following the above method as I just told you. The file will appear in the download folder in your Windows 11 Pc. Then you have to launch the setup. To launch the setup please follow:
Double-click on the setup to launch the installation. On the welcome wizard click on the Next option > Specify the location where you want to install VirtualBox > click Next > Click Next > once get ready click yes > Once the installation gets completed click Finish.
Install VirtualBox Extension Pack On Windows 11 PC
At the point when the VirtualBox is effectively introduced on the Windows 11 PC, then, at that point you need to introduce the VirtualBox augmentation pack which is vital. Just, explore to Windows start the menu look for VirtualBox, and hit enter to open it. While the VirtualBox opened on the fundamental window click on the Preferences.
- At the point when the prefrences window opened from the left-gave window side snap on Extensions, and snap on the (+) catch to add the Extension pack.
- Select the VirtualBox Extension pack and snap Open.
- When this window sprung up click on the Install button.
- Look down and click on I Agree.
- Sit tight for the establishment until the VirtualBox Extension pack is effectively introduced on the VirtualBox.
- What’s more, presently VirtualBox with its Extension Pack installed on Windows 11 PC. Appreciate utilizing VirtualBox most recent adaptation on Windows 11 and test a few working frameworks on it.
This was the article on, how to download and install VirtualBox on Windows 11 PC. I have told you the complete method step by step, just follow the steps and you will be able to successfully download and install VirtualBox on windows 11 PC. In case of finding any problem, feel free to put it in the comment section.
More to read: