How to Hide and Show Recycle Bin in Windows 11 PC & Laptop? Everyone has a different experience with Windows. Some people want all their icons to be on the screen for easy access, while others want the blank desktop to look good. Like previous versions of Windows, Windows 11 also allows you to delete all system icons from the desktop except for the Recycle Bin.
Here, I will show you how to hide and show Recycle Bin in Windows 11 PC & Laptop.
What is the Recycle Bin,?
When users delete content, these files are not permanently deleted from Windows, but are stored in a folder called the Recycle Bin, so that the Recycle Bin can be easily identified as a temporary location for deleted files. Use and benefit.
- Firstly, the deleted files or folders are not permanently deleted, but are stored in them.
- Second, if you accidentally deleted a file or folder, it acts as a safe folder so you can get the files back up.
- Third, you can restore the deleted files to their original location.
- Fourth, the content will stay there until you remove it permanently.
- Fifth, when your PC runs out of space, Windows will automatically delete old files from the Recycle Bin to make more space.
How to Hide and Show Recycle Bin in Windows 11
You can find the Recycle Bin location in Windows 11 by following the methods given below.
- Desktop: If Windows 11 is installed, the Recycle Bin can only create desktop shortcuts. You can access the deleted content by directly clicking this link.
- Run the command line. If you cannot find the Trash folder on the desktop, you can also use the run command to find it. Press the Windows and R keys at the same time to open the run command. Open a command prompt, type “explorer.exe shell: RecycleBinFolder” and press Enter. RecycleBinFolder” and press Enter.
- in Windows Explorer 11: If there is no recycle bin on your desktop or it is difficult to access. You can use Windows Explorer to access it from the command line. In most cases, the path to the recycle bin is: My Computer>Drive C>Recycle Bin You can do this by going to the address bar of File Explorer and selecting “Trash”.
How to show and hide the Recycle Bin in Windows 11
In Windows 11, if you do not want the Recycle Bin to appear on the Windows 11 screen, or you have deleted it and want to view it again, you can delete all system icons except the trash icon on the desktop. You can follow the steps below to show or hide the shopping cart:
How to hide the recycle bin in Windows 11
- To start, use Windows + me to open the Windows 11 settings.
- Next, find the personalization Option and tap to open it. (or just right click on the desktop and then tap Personalize).
- Then tap on the Topic option from the list.
- Tap on Settings for desktop icons.
- Now you will see a window with desktop icons in it. If you want to hide now, just uncheck the box.
- When you’re done, tap Apply and then press OK.
How to find the Recycle Bin in Windows 11
If you’ve hidden some system icons like the Recycle Bin in the past and now want to show or unhide them on the Windows 11 desktop. Follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + me to open the settings under Windows 11.
- Click on personalization from the list.
- Now tap on Settings for desktop icons.
- In order to display the recycle bin, simply activate the check box in front of it.
- Tap on Apply and then click on OK.
This is a great way to hide and show Recycle Bin in Windows 11 PC & Laptop. The Recycle Bin is a useful feature in Windows, but sometimes you may not want it to appear on your screen, or you may want to reduce the number of times you delete files. Yes, you can follow the steps above.