How to Add a Custom Shortcut on The Top Menu Bar on macOS Monterey? The custom shortcuts in the shortcut application can improve work efficiency, and one key makes work very easy. We can launch the shortcut in the Mac shortcut application without opening it. In this tutorial, I will show you how to add a custom shortcut on the top menu bar on macOS Monterey, just like Apple shortcuts, choose from a list of shortcuts.
Shortcuts App in macOS Monterey
Apple announced the next major version of macOS at WWDC 2021: macOS Monterey. Among other things, Apple will release shortcuts for macOS. It looks and works like shortcuts on iOS and iPadOS. A history of automation using command lines, shell scripts, Apple scripts, and Automator.
On iOS, we use shortcuts to make automation easy,” said Craig Federighi, senior vice president of software development. This year we will launch shortcuts for Mac. In the new shortcut app, you will see a trend Library of shortcuts. It will be interesting to see exactly which shortcuts you can enable, but you can expect to see them launch applications, create GIFs, send messages, compose emails, launch websites, etc.
After that, you can Enable the shortcut Finder in the column of the menu bar and Spotlight. You can also use Siri to activate it.With this announcement, Apple also laid the foundation for the end of Automator. “This is just the beginning of a long-term transition. Automator is still supported, and you can import Automator workflows to run through shortcuts,” Federighi said. If you read between the lines, Apple seems to have no plans to add new features to Automator. Shortcuts are the future of macOS, iOS, and iPadOS automation.
How to Add a Custom Shortcut on The Top Menu Bar on macOS Monterey from Shortcuts app step by step:
- First, go to the shortcut application on your Mac through the launcher.
- Then browse the list of all the shortcuts created, then click to open it and find “Settings”.
- Now click on the “Settings” icon in the upper right corner of the window.
- In the “Details” section, check the “Leave on menu bar” checkbox.
- Now you no longer need to open the shortcut application to launch the shortcut.
- Check the menu bar at the top of your Mac> click the shortcut icon.
- Click the name of the shortcut you created to launch it.
This is how you can add your own shortcuts to the top menu bar of macOS Monterey. If you now want to delete a shortcut from the “Menu Bar Shortcuts” application, please follow the steps below:
- Go to the Shortcuts app, and see the list of Created Shortcuts from the home page.
- Next, launch Shortcut that you want to hide or remove from the Top Mac menu bar.
- Now, tap on Settings for Shortcut > Uncheck “Keep in Menu Bar”.
That’s all. The shortcut will now be hidden and removed from the top menu bar of the Mac. This is an easy way to add a custom shortcut on the top menu bar on macOS Monterey. good luck!