How to Add a Netflix Shortcut to Mac Desktop or Dock using Browsers. Netflix is one of the best OTT platforms in the world and can be used on various devices including iPhone, iPad and Android devices. The Netflix App is also officially available for Windows 8 and Windows 10 computers. Search for the Netflix App in the App Store or as a standalone installer for Mac.
How to add Netflix icon to dock or desktop on Mac
You can add a Netflix shortcut to Mac desktop without having to rely on third-party payment solutions. To do this, install the Netflix App using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Safari. This is a great way to add Netflix to the home screen or a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro docking station.
Now let’s see how you can get the Netflix icon on Mac desktop or Dock.
Add a Netflix Shortcut to Mac Desktop or Dock using Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome, Visit netflix.com.
- Next, click on the 3-dot menu icon at the top-right and go to “More Tools” > Create Shortcut.
- Now, Rename the shortcut to Netflix. Tap the “Open as window” option if you always want to open the Netflix shortcut in a new window.
- Tap on the “Create” button.
- Chrome will create a Progressive Web App (PWA) for Netflix. A new “Chrome Apps” folder is also added in Finder. Go to /Users/your username/Applications/Chrome Apps to view it.
To Add a Netflix Shortcut to Mac Desktop, simply drag the Netflix web application from the Chrome App Directory to the left side of the Dock for Apps.
And, to put Netflix on Mac Desktop, copy the Netflix app from the Chrome Apps folder and paste it to your desktop.
Add a Netflix Shortcut to Mac Desktop or Dock using Microsoft Edge
- Go to Edge Browser and open Netflix website.
- Next, Tap at the 3-horizontal dots on the pinnacle proper and select “Apps” and select “Install This Site as an App”.
- Now, you may call the shortcut, in case you need. Then click “Install”.
- You will discover a new “Edge Apps” listing in Finder. Go to /Users/your username/Applications/Edge Apps to discover it.
- To upload the Netflix icon to dock or Desktop on Mac, genuinely Drag the Netflix app from the Edge Apps folder to the Dock or reproduction it for your Mac desktop.
- Alternatively, you may additionally select “More Tools” > Pin to Finder in case you need Netflix to open along different tabs in preference to a separate window.
Add a Netflix Shortcut to Mac Desktop or Dock using Safari
- To placed the Netflix net app on your Mac’s Dock the use of Safari, Open the Netflix in Safari.
- Now, pick the complete URL withinside the deal with bar and drag it to the computing device. You also can spotlight the URL and drag the site’s favicon on your computing device.
- Rename the internet site shortcut, placed it on Netflix.
- To use the shortcut icon from the default HTTP to a custom icon, seek and down load an icon (in PNG format) from webweb sites like Findicons.
- Open the downloaded PNG icon in Preview. Select the picture and use CMD+C to duplicate it.
- Right-click on the shortcut at the computing device and pick “Get Info“.
- In the Get Info window, click on The okay the icon on the top-left. Then use CMD+V to stick the custom icon.
- Now pick the internet site icon and drag it to the Dock.
Notes: The Netflix shortcut added to Safari can only be located on the right side of the Dock under “Latest Apps”. When opened, there is no black dot underneath. However, you can overcome this limitation by freezing with Chrome instead of Safari. Netflix.
This is how you can add a Netflix shortcut to Mac desktop or dock using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Safari. Similarly, you can also use Mozilla Firefox and Opera to create a shortcut to Netflix on your Mac. Good Luck!