Have you found something on your phone recently and want to see it on the big screen? Screen mirroring is the best choice. There are many third-party software that can do this. Fortunately, Windows 10 has a feature called wireless display. In this article, I will show you how to add and remove wireless displays on a Windows 10 laptop or PC, but first let us understand what screen mirroring is.
Screen mirroring is the process of transferring data from one device to another presentation device via a wireless network. It is mainly used by commercial organizations and educational institutions to display their pictures, files, videos, etc. and TV) Supporting screen mirroring technology, you can easily transfer multimedia content from your smartphone to your TV.
This technology also allows you to project the Windows 10 computer screen onto another compatible device. To do this, you need to install “Wireless Display” on your computer. This article will walk you through how to add and remove wireless display features in Windows 10.
Add and delete Wireless Display on Windows 10
We will show you how to add (install) and remove (remove) the wireless display function on a Windows 10 computer using the following 2 methods:
- Settings app.
- Command Prompt.
This feature can only be installed and uninstalled by logging in as an administrator. Please also remember that the system screen can only be projected on the same wireless network device. The following steps will guide you to install this feature.
Method 1. Add and delete Wireless Display on Windows 10 using the Settings app
To install this feature, follow the below steps:
- Open the settings application and click on the application.
- Under Applications and Features, click Advanced Features. Now click Add Role.
- This will open a new window. Scroll down the list to find your wireless display.
- Select it and click the “Install” button.
- The installation will take some time.
- After the installation is complete, Wireless Display will be added to the “Start” menu as a connection application.
- Your system can now wirelessly connect to another monitor.
To uninstall the Wireless Display feature in Windows 10, follow below steps:
- Open the Settings app click on Apps.
- In the Apps & features section, click on the Optional features.
- Scroll down the list of apps shown in the Optional features. Click on the Wireless Display and click Uninstall. It will take some time to uninstall.
Method 2. Add and delete Wireless Display on Windows 10 using Command Prompt
Before you begin, make sure that your computer is connected to the internet.
To install Wireless Display via cmd in Windows 10, follow the below steps:
- Open the Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Copy the following command, paste it there, and press Enter.
DISM /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:App.WirelessDisplay.Connect~~~~0.0.1.0
- While installing this feature you can see the progress in the Settings app.
- After the installation gets completed, you will get a message ‘The operation completed successfully.’
If you see “installation failed” on the command line, check if there are pending updates on your system and install them if possible. When installing a wireless monitor from an elevated command prompt, I received an error message. Then I updated the system and the problem was solved.
To use cmd to delete the wireless display in Windows 10, run the command prompt as an administrator. Copy and paste the following command, then press Enter.
DISM /Online /Remove-Capability /CapabilityName:App.WirelessDisplay.Connect~~~~0.0.1.0
After uninstalling gets completed, restart your computer if you are asked to do so.
that’s all. Here is how to add and remove wireless displays on a Windows 10 PC or laptop: Now, you can mirror your phone to the computer and watch your favorite movies. good luck!