How to Create macOS Monterey Bootable USB Installer for Hackintosh? I wrote an article earlier that showed how to download the macOS 12 Monterey installer. In this article, I will show you how to use Windows, Mac and Hackintosh to create macOS Monterey Bootable USB Installer for Hackintosh. You need to prepare to build the installer.
Some Steps to create macOS Monterey Bootable USB Installer for Hackintosh
Before we start building the macOS Monterey USB installer for Hackintosh, we need to prepare the following to build the installer.
- A USB flash drive with 16 GB size
- Windows 10 (or Hackintosh)
- macOS Monterey Installer
1. Download the macOS Monterey Installer
- In order to know how to download macOS Monterey on Windows 10, Mac and Hackinosh to create a bootable usb installer: Visit the below articles:
2. Create macOS Monterey Bootable USB Installer
To create a bootable USB installer for macOS Monterey, you must first format it. To format the USB:
- To format your USB, attach it to the USB port and then go to Disk Utility.
- Next, make sure to Show all devices, And then select your USB drive from the list. Tap on Erase button.
- Now, choose GUID Partition Map and Mac OS Extended (Journaled) from the list, and name it whatever you want.
- Finally, click Erase to start formatting the disk.
After formatting the USB drive, you need to follow the steps below to copy the macOS Monterey installer to the USB drive.
- To do this, go to the terminal and enter the following commands.
- Now you need to change the “installer” to the USB name you specified in the previous step.
- Finally, enter your password and wait for the process to complete. This may take a few minutes.
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ 12\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Installer --nointeraction
That’s all! you did it! How to create macOS Monterey Bootable USB Installer for Hackintosh. Hackintosh users need to configure EFI and copy it to the EFI partition on the U disk.