How to Download macOS Monterey on Windows 10 to Create a Bootable USB? If you want to experience macOS Monterey (aka macOS 12) on a Windows 10 PC or laptop, but don’t know how to download, this article is for you to download macOS Monterey on Windows 10 to create a Bootable USB with the help of the gibmacOS tool.
After launching iOS, iPadOS and watchOS, Apple announced the next version of macOS in a keynote speech at WWDC. It will be called Monterey to preserve the location-based California theme that has existed since 2013.
MacOS 12 or macOS Monterey seems to have a lot of compatibility with other devices and operating systems, especially iOS 15 and iPadOS 15. There are some cool features, such as general controls, Mac shortcuts, Safari update, Mac playback, Facetime, and update messages and notes.
This update is not as big as when macOS 11 Big Sur was released, but it is better than nothing, because it is very compatible with the M1 chip.
How to Download macOS Monterey via Developer Account
If you are a developer user with an Apple developer account, you can easily download macOS Monterey directly from the Apple server. However, users who do not have a developer account can download macOS Monterey directly by following the steps below. apple. server.
- Open developer.apple.com on your browser and log in.
- Open the developer menu and download the macOS Monterey Developer Beta Access Utility.
- Tap to download and then double click to run it on your mac.
How to Download macOS Monterey on Windows 10 PC & Laptop
A tool called gibmacOS can download macOS Monterey on Windows 10. GibmacOS is a tool created using Phyton code. You can download all versions of macOS directly from Apple servers, and even use the beta version. GibmacOS is available for macOS and Windows 10 users, but eventually, Windows users will need macOS to merge downloaded files.
What is gibmacOS?
As I said before, gibmacOS is a tool built with Python code, and it is available for Windows and macOS. The problem is that the gibmacos developers provide all download links, even the beta version of this little software.
Regardless of whether you are using macOS or Windows, the system will partially boot. After all operating systems are loaded, you need to run other small software to merge the downloadable parts. Since this combination requires a macOS terminal, you need macOS access; users can use virtual machines such as VMware or Virtualbox to merge them.
Download macOS Monterey on Windows 10 PC and Laptop
You need to download and install the required files on your computer, especially Python 3 and WinRAR on Windows 10.
- After downloading gibmacOS from GitHub, unzip it to the desktop and run the batch file called gibmacOS.
- Wait for the operating system list to appear in the cmd window, and then select the operating system to start by entering the number (if it is) that macOS Monterey is currently browsing. Developers will add it soon, so please be patient.
I have a virtual machine with macOS 11 Big Sur, so I copied all the files from Windows and converted them into macOS installers.
- Double-click BuildmacOSInstallApp.command.
- When the terminal window opens, drag the downloaded folder and press Enter on the keyboard.
- Now that all files have been merged, you have installer.pkg. Use it to create a bootable USB memory stick.
That’s all! Here are the steps to download macOS Monterey on Windows 10. You can use gibmacOS to do this on your PC and laptop. good luck!