How to Get Emojis on a Laptop in Windows 10? Here are the 2 easiest ways to get emojis on a laptop in Windows 10. Unlike Macs that have emoji keyboard shortcuts, even for experienced Windows users, finding the emoji bar on a Windows PC is Quite difficult. The latest operating system update adds the long-awaited shortcuts for Windows users. Now, emoji has become a popular way of expressing in text messages.
When we send a text message from a mobile phone, it is much easier to send emoji, but when we try it on a Windows PC, it is a little more complicated. Although Mac computers have different keyboard shortcuts, Windows computers require more effort. Fortunately, Microsoft released an update to make emoji on Windows easier. We have compiled a list of options for getting emojis on your Windows PC, including keyboard shortcuts.
How to Get Emojis on a Laptop in Windows 10
Fortunately, emoji can be easily accessed through the on-screen keyboard on any Windows 10 device, because Microsoft has the ability to create the most versatile and universal operating system (you can also use it with a mouse).
For the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, a new, larger and thicker set of emojis have been created. These emojis are also included in Windows 8.1 and compatible with Windows 7, so you can use them just by copy/paste. I will show you 2 ways to get emojis on a laptop in Windows 10.
Method 1. Type Emojis vis Keyboard Shortcut
The first and easy way to get emojjis on a laptop in Windows 10 by using keyboard shortcuts.
- On your laptop, press Windows key + . to open the emoji picker.
- Now, open any text document and click on any emoji to enter them into your document.
Method 2. Get Emojis on Laptop in Windows 10 via Enabling Touch Keyboard Button
Another way to type and get emojis on a laptop is to enable the Show touch keyboard button.
- Right-click on the taskbar and select the Show touch keyboard button.
- Once enabled, click the touch keyboard button on the bottom right-hand corner.
- Now, click the emoji icon next to the spacebar.
- Finally, select any emoji that you want.
Additional Way: Copy & Paste Website
- Open iEmoji or GetEmoji in any web browser.
- Select the Emoji character you would like to use.
- Highlight the box/Emoji, then copy it (CTRL + C).
- Paste (CTRL + V) the Emoji in the text field you would like to use it. It may still show as a rectangle, but when you send your message, it will show as an Emoji character.
Windows 7 has emojis.
Windows 7 helps emojis, because of this that you could see them rather than small containers whilst journeying web sites with emojis, however it lacks a hint keyboard that lets in you to kind with emojis. Emojis have to be copied and pasted from an emoji database which include Get Emoji for use on a Windows 7 PC. Simply role your cursor over an emoji and hit Ctrl + C, then browse to the area wherein you want to utilise the emoji and hit Ctrl + V.
Emoji on Windows 7 are only available in black and white. These were the 2 methods to get emojis on a laptop in Windows 10.