How to Install macOS Catalina Final on VMWare on Windows PC?? macOS 10.15 Catalina is a new version of the Mac operating system, shown to developers at WWDC on July 4. iTunes has disappeared, but Music has popular independent applications such as Apple Music, Apple Podcasts, and Apple TV.
The stroller is a new feature. The iPad can be used as a second display in many ways. Screen Time is the craziest iOS app, now on macOS 10.15 Catalina App Store. The UlKit framework was migrated to macOS 10.15 Catalina under a different name from the Catalyst project.
Developers can now seamlessly migrate applications from iPad to macOS as quickly as possible. Windows users can install macOS Catalina Final on VMWare on Windows PC without a new installation, so stay tuned.
How to Install macOS Catalina Final on VMWare on Windows PC?
Step 1. Download Required Files
- Download WinRAR or 7zip for Extraction of macOS Catalina Final.
- A VMware Workstation Pro or VMware Player is required.
- Download macOS Catalina VMDK File.
Step 2. Install the Downloaded Files
- Install WinRAR: Since macOS Catalina is compressed in WinRAR, you need to install the software. If you are worried that the software is not free, there is an alternative WinRAR software called 7zip.7zip, which is an open source software with several similarities to WinRAR, and it is actually your best choice.
- Install VMware Workstation Player or VMware Workstation Pro: VMware Player and VMware Workstation Pro are one of the best virtualization software designed and developed by VMware. It is very necessary to test macOS Catalina on a computer without installing it on a real PC. VMware Player is free and open source software; the limited edition of VMware Workstation Pro is called VMware Player. However, the installation process is as simple as drinking water, if you need any help, please don’t hesitate.
Step 3. Extract the macOS Catalina Zipped File
Step 4. Create a new Virtual Machine (VM)
- Open VMware and click Create New Virtual Machine (Ctrl + N), then select Typical (Recommended) and click Next.
- Now select “Install the operating system later” and click “Next”. Select Apple Mac OS X from the operating system list, and then select. macOS 10.15 version, and then click Next.
- Name the virtual machine any name you want macOS Catalina. Click Browse, then select a location to save the virtual machine files and click Next, or you can leave it as the default.
- Please enter a hard drive size of 120 GB or greater. Then select “Save virtual hard disk as a single file” and click “Next”.
- In the Ready to Create Virtual Machine section, click Configure Hardware.
- Increase the storage capacity from 4 GB to 8 GB or more for better performance.
- Select the processor menu and increase the number of CPU cores from 2 to 4 or more for better performance.
- Select New CD/DVD (SATA) from the menu, then click Use ISO Image File: and click the Browse button.
- Locate the macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (19F101) .iso file and click Open. If you do not have this file, you will need to download it from step 1. Download the prerequisites section.
- After selecting the macOS Catalina ISO, click Close to save all changes.
- Finally on the New Virtual Machine Wizard Window, Click Finish.
If not understood try step by step picture guide:
Edit macOS Catalina VMX File (Optional)
- If you can’t boot into macOS or have other issues, please follow only the 2 steps below. Navigate to the virtual machine folder you selected in step 4.3 of this guide. If no new location is specified, the default location is in Document> Virtual Machine. Right-click macOS Catalina.vmx and open it with Notepad or any third-party text editor of your choice.
- Scroll down the text and add the following code; then click File> Save. After that, you can close it because you no longer need it.
smbios.reflectHost = "TRUE"hw.model = "MacBookPro14,3"board-id = "Mac-551B86E5744E2388"smc.version = "0"
Step 5. Install macOS Catalina on VMware on Windows PC
Congratulations, you have successfully completed the entire process.
The only step you start now is to install macOS Catalina on VMware. On the virtual machine home page, click Power on the virtual machine. If you activate the virtual machine, you will be taken directly to the Apple Registry> Then the installation of macOS Catalina will start automatically.
Installation depends on your hardware resources, so you need to wait a moment. If you enter VMware’s startup manager during macOS Catalina installation, close it and follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
Fix Apple logo Stucked while Installing macOS Catalina on VMware
For most users, there is no problem opening the virtual machine, it will get stuck on the Apple logo. To resolve this issue, open the virtual machine settings. Please refer to the screenshot for a better understanding.
Go to “Settings”> “General” tab and change the guest operating system from Apple Mac OS X to Windows x64. If this doesn’t work again, please switch it from Windows back to Apple Mac OS X. I have done this several times and finally succeeded.
- Origin is the first window which has to be configured after the restart of the guest OS.
- The Data & privacy is a little bit longer, you are passing the window by clicking continue.
- Do not transfer any information to this mac is the next windows which you have to pass by clicking continue.
- Downloading any app requires an Apple ID inside macOS if you need that continue with Apple ID. If not go on without the Apple by clicking Setup later.
- Agree with the terms and conditions of Apple.
- Create a USer account for the Virtual Machine Guest operating system.
- You can customize the settings of express setup, actually, it configures for your maps, spotlight, and other features.
- continue with analytic window.
- Agree with the screen time.
- Choose a style for your mac.
- Wait a moment until the window should be ready for first-time use.
- Well done, you have completed the installations of macOS Catalina on VMware on Windows PC.
To install macOS Catalina Final on VMWare on Windows PC, prepare VMware, create a new virtual machine in it, add the downloaded virtual machine, and start installing macOS 10.15 Catalina on Windows on the PC.