How to Install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on Windows 10 PC and Laptop? Bet you have heard of the new macOS Monterey operating system for Mac, I’m pretty sure you are here because you want to try it on a Windows 10 computer. Then you have come to the right article. I will show you the best step-by-step guide to Install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on Windows 10 PCs and laptops. Read this article to the end and provide feedback on our guide.
What is macOS Monterey?
After launching iOS, iPadOS and watchOS, Apple announced the next version of macOS in a keynote speech at WWDC. It will be named Monterey based on the California location theme that has existed since 2013. MacOS Monterey (macOS 12) replaces macOS Big Sur in Apple products on the market.
There are not many changes in macOS 12, but some major updates and changes have already arrived. Your development team has added some new features, such as general controls, Airplay on Mac, shortcuts, 3D map layout, some note updates, etc.
Apple provides a new look and feel for macOS Monterey (macOS 12). The new design includes curved edges and adds new fields to settings that require administrator rights. Adding general controls to macOS Monterey (macOS 12) allows you to use the mouse on iPad, iMac, and MacBook. In addition to using the mouse, you can also use the keyboard and other devices.
In June 2021, developers can use the first beta version of macOS Monterey (macOS 12).They will release a beta version soon, and you can try it without a developer account. Also, don’t forget the latest macOS Monterey (macOS 12) that will be launched this fall. Please also remember that you can use VirtualBox to download and Install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on PCs and laptops with Windows 10. I will show you step by step below.
Devices which can support macOS Monterey
According to Apple, not all Apple computers are compatible with macOS Monterey (macOS 12). The following is a list of Mac computers compatible with macOS Monterey:
- 2015 and later MacBook
- Early 2015 and later MacBook Air
- Early 2015 and later MacBook Pro
- Late 2014 and later Mac mini
- Late 2015 and later iMac
- 2017 and later iMac Pro
- Late 2013 and later Mac Pro
How to Install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on Windows 10 PC & Laptop
Next, I will show you how to Install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on Windows 10 computer in five simple steps. Proceed as follows:
- install VirtualBox and VirtualBox Extension Pack on Windows 10.
- Create a New Virtual Machine for macOS 12.
- Customize macOS Monterey’s Virtual Machine.
- Running VirtualBox Codes on CMD.
- Performing macOS Monterey clean Installation.
Before starting the process, you need to download the below files:
- Download and Install VirtualBox.
- Download the VirtualBox Codes.
- Download macOS Monterey (macOS 12) ISO Image.
Notes. It is important to activate virtualization in BISO; otherwise, you will receive a “Cannot open virtual machine session” error message. Be careful, because BIOS should be listed as the recommended virtualization technology (VT).
Recommended: I recommend using SSDs on your computer, especially for speed reasons, as most users say their systems are slow when using virtual machines. The amount of RAM on the physical computer does not cause any speed issues.
1. Download and Install VirtualBox and VirtualBox Extension Pack on your Windows 10 computer
Before you start to Install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on Windows 10 computer, VirtualBox is the most important factor. So you need to install VirtualBox on your computer or laptop first. I don’t think you need to deploy a step-by-step installation of VirtualBox for Windows. Most of the steps are the next step, set up, and that’s it. I know you can handle it. If you encounter an error while installing VirtualBox, please feel free to ask.
At the same time, the VirtualBox extension pack is another matter, and you need to consider installing it. There are two ways to install the VirtualBox extension pack on your computer:
- The first method is very simple: After installing VirtualBox, double-click VirtualBox Extension Pack to install it.
- The second option is to go to the “File” menu and open “VirtualBox Settings”. Now go to the extension category and click the plus sign to get the VirtualBox extension pack.
2. Generate a New Virtual Machine for macOS 12 Monterey on your Windows 10
After installing VirtualBox on computers and laptops, the second step to install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on Windows 10 computer is to create a virtual machine that will run macOS Monterey. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- Go to VirtualBox and click again. Then click “Expert Mode” and enter a name starting with macOS.
- After logging in to macOS, VB will automatically select the macOS version and type.
- Now you must choose the amount of RAM. For VirtualBox, I would choose 4 GB.
- Then select Create virtual hard disk now and click Create to create the virtual machine.
- Specify the location of the file to save the virtual hard disk.
- You can select or change the default value.
- Select the storage capacity of the virtual machine, and finally select the type of virtual hard disk.
- You can choose the standard hard disk type VDI.
- Don’t forget to choose dynamically allocated physical disks.
3. Customize Virtual Machine of macOS Monterey
It is easy to create a virtual machine, but it is important to set up and configure it. Therefore, please follow the instructions below carefully.
- After creating the virtual machine, return to the VirtualBox home page and click macOS Monterey Settings.
- Click the System tab, disable the floppy disk, because we don’t use it and check the advanced features.
- It will not affect other settings, such as chipsets and pointing devices.
- For the virtual machine display settings, increase the video memory to 128MB, and keep the rest unchanged.
- If you check the screenshot below, I think it will get better.
- Steps, we need to attach the macOS Monterey ISO to the virtual machine.
- Go to the Storage tab, click the blank next to Properties, click the CD icon and find the ISO for macOS 12.
- The final setup is very simple, because you need to enable USB 3.0 to solve the lag problem.
- Repair the mouse and keyboard VirtualBox expansion pack, USB 3.0 during the installation process is activated, otherwise it is disabled.
4. Use VirtualBox Codes on CMD
To use and install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on Windows 10, the VirtualBox code is an important factor. Since VirtualBox does not directly specify macOS settings under Windows, this is where the code comes into play. If the code is not applied or applied incorrectly, the macOS virtual machine will be in a loop. They must be used with care.
Notes. Before proceeding to the next step, make sure you know the name of the virtual machine, then go to the “File” menu and select “Exit”.
- Open the downloaded code and go to the edit menu.
- Then click Replace to replace the virtual machine name with the virtual machine just created.
- Now open CMD and run it as an administrator, copy and paste the code into CMD, and press Enter.
- Remember that entering the code incorrectly will result in an error. Please try to enter it correctly.
5. Performing macOS Monterey clean Installation
This is the last step to install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on Windows 10 PCs and laptops after performing the above four steps. It’s time to clean install macOS Monterey in VirtualBox on your Windows 10 computer. So let’s start with the installation. The process is as follows:
- Open VirtualBox and start the macOS Monterey virtual machine.
- Then a series of codes will appear on the screen, and finally you will find yourself in the Apple logo, and then you must select your language in the virtual installer to use macOS Monterey macOS 12), it needs A storage partition, for which you need to go to “Disk Utility” and click “Next”.
- Now, when creating a virtual machine, you need to select the storage and click Delete and Share to install macOS Monterey on it.
- Then exit Disk Utility and choose Install macOS 12 Beta from the main menu, then click Next.
- You must now agree to these conditions and select a drive to install macOS Monterey.
- According to the country/region where you live, select this option to add a country/region input keyboard by default.
- I chose the United States. The operating system includes input sources from the United States. Click Next twice.
- I will not go for Accessibility, So, I will pass this step by clicking Not Now.
- Select “My computer cannot connect to the Internet”.
- Because it’s a virtual machine, WiFi won’t work, and Ethernet won’t work because a virtual machine.
- Don’t worry, the Internet can run on this type of Mac. Click Next to continue.
- Tap on ‘Continue‘ with data and privacy.
- Apple has provided a migration assistant for users migrating from another Mac or Windows PC. In short, you can transfer files here. Since we are performing a clean installation, you don’t need to adjust it. So click no now.
- You have to read and agree to the macOS Monterey’s Terms and regarding the license.
- You need to create an account for your Virtual machine computer, and tap on ‘Continue‘.
- Apple shows you that location services have been activated and device analysis. If you are concerned about security and privacy, you can turn them off. Click “Continue”.
- If you want to track downtime, content, and privacy restrictions every week, you can turn on “Screen Time”. If you want to follow your work, screen time is really good.
- The voice assistant is another feature for you to decide to enable it or not. Since these days many users are using the voice assistant, you should give Siri a try too. Tap on ‘Continue‘ to add Siri.
- Finally, Choose Your desired Look at the macOS Monterey (macOS 12) and tap on ‘Continue’.
How to follow the step-by-step guide to easily install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox on Windows 10 PCs and laptops, if you have any questions or problems, please let me know in the comments section. Good luck! !