How to Install VMware Tools on your macOS Monterey? Is macOS installed in VMware on your Windows PC? If not, you can install it here now. After installation, you will need to use VMware tools to quickly get up and running macOS Monterey. Show you how to install VMware tools on your macOS Monterey. But first let us figure out why we need to add and use VMware Tools in macOS Monterey.
Why Do you Need to Install VMware Tools on your macOS Monterey?
VMware Tools is a set of utilities that can improve the performance of the guest virtual machine operating system and virtual machine management. If VMware Tools is not installed on your guest operating system, guest performance does not have any critical functions. The tools in macOS Monterey can fix or improve the following issues:
- Incorrect display of network speed.
- Restricted movement of the mouse.
- Inability to copy and paste and. drag-and-drop files.
- Missing sound.
- Provides the ability to take quiesced snapshots of the guest OS.
- Low video resolution.
- Inadequate color depth.
- Synchronizes the time in the guest operating system with the time on the host.
VMware Tools Lifecycle Management provides a simplified and extensible way to install and upgrade VMware Tools. It includes many feature improvements, driver improvements, and support for new guest operating systems. Although the guest operating system can run without VMware Tools, it is best to install the latest version of VMware Tools for macOS Monetary on VMware to access the latest features and updates. You can configure the virtual machine to automatically check for and apply VMware Tools updates every time you start the virtual machine.
How to Install VMware Tools on your macOS Monterey
Here I provide you 4 steps to install VMware tools on your macOS Monterey.
Step 1: Attach VMware Tools ISO to macOS Monterey
In this guide, I will use the default VMware tools provided by VMware. Right-click on macOS Monterey Tab/Window then click Install VMware Tools.
Step 2: Install the VMware tools
- VMware Tools will automatically appear on your desktop. Double-click to install VMware Tools.
- On the Welcome to the VMware Tools installer page, click Next. #
- Click the install button.
- Enter your username and password, and click Install Software.
Step 3: Allow VMware Tools through macOS Monterey Security Settings
- When the “System extension is blocked” message appears, click “Open Security Settings.”
- Click the lock icon. Enter your password and click “Unlock”. Allows you to make changes.
- Click Allow next to any system software that is blocked from loading.
- In this pop-up window, click Not Now, and then close the Security and Privacy window.
- In the “Installation Successful” window, click the “Restart” button.Screenshot.
- The macOS Monterey virtual machine restarts and logs in with your username and password when it restarts. Ensure that the advanced functions are working properly.
Step 4: Reinstall VMware Tool if required
Sometimes VMware Tools will not work when you first install it. Therefore, if VMware tools do not work, you need to reinstall them to make them work. So please follow the steps below.
- Attach VMware tools.
- Click on Install VMware Tools.
- Click on Continue.
- Click on Continue Installation.
- Type your Username and Password and click Install Software.
- Click Restart.
- Login to macOS Monterey.
- Fullscreen your macOS Monterey to make sure it’s work properly.
That’s all about how to install VMware tools on your macOS Monterey, if you have macOS Monterey Installed on your Windows 10 computer. If I missed something and didn’t mention it, please let me know by commenting below this article. Good Luck!