iOS 14.5.1 has some promising features, such as unlocking the iPhone on Apple Watch, making major changes to the Music app, and adding AirTag support. Another notable feature in iOS 14.5.1 is the ability to use Siri to make emergency calls on the iPhone. In this article, I will show you how to use Siri to make an emergency call using siri with iOS 14.5.1 or iOS 14.5.
Make An Emergency Call Using Siri with iOS 14.5.1
Turning on emergency calls on the iPhone is very easy (quickly press the side button), but now Siri simplifies the process. In addition, this feature also allows anyone to use Siri on the iPhone (iOS 14.5 or iOS 14.1) to make emergency calls, taking into account that they may be unconscious or unable to make calls.
Therefore, if you need help, the virtual assistant will always be by your side. Emergency services. When the emergency call ends, Siri will notify you of the emergency call specified in the settings. This notification informs you that you have made an emergency call and also includes your current location (if any).
If you want to use this new feature in iOS 14.1 to make emergency calls with Siri, you must first add an emergency contact, and then turn on Hey Siri on your iPhone.
Step#1. Add an Emergency Contact on Your iPhone
- Open the “Health” application on your iPhone
- Click the profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- Click “Medical ID”, and then select “Edit” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Then scroll down to the “Emergency Contact” section
- select the “Add Emergency Contact” option.
- Then select the contact you like from your contacts.
- If you need help, Siri will call this emergency contact.
- Now, specify how the selected contact will link with you and save the changes.
notes. you can also go to “Settings” -> “SOS Emergency” -> “Emergency Contacts” -> “Edit Emergency Contacts in a Healthy State”. Then you can add/remove contacts.
Step 2. Enable ‘Hey Siri’
Emergency service calls can be easily made using Siri, but first, make sure that Hey Siri is installed on your iPhone.
- To activate Siri, go to the “Settings” app
- tap “Siri & Search”.
- Then turn on the button to listen to Siri,
- press the side button of Siri, and click “Allow Siri” when locked.
Step 3. Make an Emergency Call Using Siri
- After adding emergency contacts (step 1)
- activating Hey Siri (step 2).
- Now to use Siri to make an emergency call,
- you need to say the voice command: “Hey Siri, please call my 911.”
- Siri will immediately call the emergency contact you added in step 1.
A text message will also be sent to the emergency contact at your current location to inform you that you have called the emergency service number.
- After making an emergency call, iOS can temporarily block or disable incoming calls to allow callbacks and disable certain call functions. These features will automatically mute unknown calls and screen display time.
- When the emergency call ends, the iPhone will automatically switch to emergency mode within a few minutes so that the emergency call can be called back.
- At the same time, IOS blocks data transmission and text messages. Depending on your country and region, when you make an emergency call, the emergency service provider may access your location information.
- You can use the information from the operator to understand the restrictions on Wi-Fi emergency calls.
That’s everything! This is how you may make an emergency call using siri with iOS 14.5.1, name the use of Siri to your iPhone (iOS 14.five and 14.five.1). Seeing how unpredictable lifestyles is, you ought to have this selection enabled. Perhaps the pleasant element is that anybody can name up Siri and make an emergency name on behalf of you. This lets in emergency offerings to attain out in your assist with out delay. ‘Happy Siri-ing!’