Today I will show you the 4 easiest ways to quickly check HP Laptop Serial Number on windows 10 or 11.
It’s sometimes vital to know your HP laptop’s specs, such as the HP serial number (S/N), the model number, and even the warranty. However, I’ll show you four quick and easy ways to check HP laptop serial number on Windows 10 in this article.
What is Serial No?
A serial number is a unique number used for identification and inventory purposes. It is sometimes shortened as Serial No., SN, or S/N. The serial number enables the manufacturer to identify the product, receive additional information for replacement, and locate suitable parts. The serial number is displayed on the back or side of your computer in the illustration.
4CE0460D0G 4CE0460D0G 4CE0460D0G 4CE0460D0
p6774y is the model number.
Serial numbers, despite their name, frequently contain letters and numbers. Depending on the manufacturer, product, and model, the amount of characters in a serial number varies substantially. The majority of serial numbers include six or seven characters or more, and some have as many as twenty.
4 Quick Ways to Check and Find the HP Laptop Serial Number
To obtain a driver for your HP laptop or any other laptop, you may need to know and locate the serial number, product number, and model number. On Windows 10, there are three simple ways to find out the serial number of your HP laptop.
1. Check HP Laptop Serial Number Under the Battery Compartment
This method makes finding your serial number on a Windows HP laptop simple. The serial number of a laptop can usually be found on the bottom of the laptop or beneath the battery compartment. To locate your laptop’s serial number, check at the bottom of your laptop or, if you can’t find it there, remove the battery and look underneath the replaceable battery for the serial number.
2. Check HP Laptop Serial Number using HP Support Assistant
HP Support Assistant is the simplest method to get information from HP about your laptop. This important software gives information about your HP laptop, such as the product name, serial number, product number, warranty check, battery status, automatic support, updates, fixes, and more.
Here’s how to check HP laptop serial number using HP Support Assistant:
- To begin, you must first obtain and install HP Support Assistant.
- Simply start the programme after it has been installed.
- Go to the My Devices tab now. Your HP laptop’s Product name, Serial number, and Product number may all be found here.
3. Check HP Laptop Serial Number in BIOS
The serial number can be found in the BIOS or UEFI firmware settings panel in the second approach. If you don’t have the WMIC button, you won’t be able to retrieve the serial number with this technique because the BIOS gets the serial number when you place an order. However, if you are still unable to register to perform WMIC commands on Windows, you should check your BIOS.
Search for “Serial Number” somewhere in the System Information section in the BIOS or UEFI firmware configuration screen. It can be found in a variety of places on different PCs, but it’s normally on the “Main” or “System” screen.
In HP, here’s how to get the BIOS:
- Turn on or restart your computer to discover the serial number.
- To access the BIOS settings menu, press the F10 key while the display is blank.
4. Check HP Laptop Serial Number using Command Prompt
This is by far the most convenient method for locating the serial number of an HP or any other laptop. All you have to do is type the command into your Windows 10 laptop’s command line (CMD).
Here’s how to do it:
- To Check HP laptop serial number, start by opening a Command Prompt window. You can open Command Prompt by right-clicking the Start button and selecting “Command Prompt,” or by typing Cmd into the search box adjacent to the Start Menu button on Windows 10 or 8.
- Type the following command into the Command Prompt and click Enter: (wmic bios get serialnumber).
- The serial number of your machine can be found beneath the “SerialNumber” label. This command extracts the system serial number from the BIOS using the Windows Management Instrumentation Command-line (WMIC).
That concludes our discussion. These are the four quick and simple ways in Windows 10 to verify and know your HP laptop serial numbers. Following the procedures outlined in this article, you should be able to locate your HP laptop serial number with ease. Best of luck!
More to read: