How to Remotely Control a Chromebook From other Computers? Chromebook has a lightweight, easy-to-use operating system that does not require many troubleshooting steps. However, because Chromebooks are very popular with students and children, the situation may get worse, and some problems need to be resolved in some cases. So if you are looking for a way to remotely control your Chromebook from other computers (such as Windows 10, Mac, Linux PC, etc.), this guide will help you remotely control a Chromebook from other computers. So please read the guide to understand the steps.
Chrome Remote Desktop
Developed by Google, Chrome Remote Desktop is a remote desktop software tool that allows you to remotely connect and control your home or work computer, and share your screen with others. It transfers keyboard and mouse data from one computer to another, transfers graphics, and updates the screen in the other direction via the network.
You can connect as you want, and you can use your computer, such as Windows 10, Mac, Linux PC, or even any Android or iOS device. You can easily access all computers and files when you need it.
How to Remotely Control a Chromebook From other Computers (Windows 10, Mac, or Linux PC)
While the guide is going to show you how to remotely control a Chromebook from other computers, running an OS different than Chrome OS, you can use the steps listed below for a Chromebook-to-Chromebook connection as well. With all that said, let’s jump to the steps.
- First, install the Chrome Remote Desktop extension (here) on your Chromebook and computer, whether it’s Windows 10, macOS, or Linux.
- Launch the Chrome Remote Desktop website on your computer and log in with your Google account.
- Now click “Accept and Install” to download the host configuration file (MSI).
- If you want to access your Chromebook from a Windows PC, this setting is separate from the extension.
- Then install the MSI file on your Windows PC, and you are almost done.
- Then return to your Chromebook and open the same Chrome Remote Desktop webpage.
- After logging in to your Google account, just click the “Generate Code” button under the “Share this screen” section. I
- t provides you with a 12-digit code that will automatically expire after 5 minutes.
- Now return to your Windows computer, scroll down and enter the password from the previous step. Then click the “Connect” button.
- A notification will appear on your Chrome OS device. Check your email and click Share to allow another computer to remotely access your Chromebook.
After a few seconds, you should be able to access the Chromebook screen from your Windows PC. Now you can do what you want by looking at the entire operating system. Remote connection Chromebook also supports keyboard input from Windows 10 PC, which is very useful.
- Now to remotely disconnect from the end of the Chromebook, open the quick settings panel in the lower right corner and click Stop. At the end of your PC, you can close the tab to end your session.
That’s it. That’s how you set up Chrome Remote Desktop!
So this is a way to remotely control a Chromebook from other computers, Windows computer, macOS, Linux, or any other Chromebook. As mentioned above, Chrome Remote Desktop supports all major platforms, so you can quickly set up and change them.
If you want to take advantage of many new features in Chrome OS, such as: B. Phone hub and blocking malicious websites, we will have many great posts. If you have any questions or comments, please let us know in the comments below.