How to Set Chrome as Default Browser in Windows 11 | 2 Methods
In the event that you’ve moved up to Windows 11, you’ll see that Microsoft Edge is your default program. This is vital in light of the fact that it is the default program, the browser that opens when you click a connection in another application like email, Windows search box or moment courier.
Save yourself the unexpected when another browser springs up rather than Chrome when you click on a connection by following this post. Here I will assist you with figuring out how to set Chrome as default browser in Windows 11 PC and PC. To begin with, how about we know why it very well may be a superior alternative for you to utilize Chrome rather than Edge. Set Chrome as default browser in Windows 11.
Why Chrome is a Better Browser for Your Windows 11 PC?
Google Chrome program, delivered in 2008, is as of now the most introduced internet browser. This is no misstep or karma. Google Chrome is a quick internet browser, and among different benefits, you can drag tabs to different windows. It is additionally extremely essential and simple to utilize.
To begin with, for what reason do you require a default internet browser in any case? The default internet browser is the application that runs naturally when you click on a site page, connection, or record.
For instance, Windows 11 incorporates Microsoft Edge as the default program. On the off chance that you utilize these programs in typical use, you may lose a little while of significant time on account of the postponement in stacking time. Maybe Microsoft is cautiously rebuilding its browser under the Chromium project and contending furiously with Google Chrome. Set Chrome as default browser in Windows 11.
Nonetheless, highlights, for example, Google account secret word and bookmark sync, augmentation support, and pre-cross-gadget actually decide on Chrome # 1 over contenders. To keep perusing in Chrome, you need to switch your default browser setting to Chrome.
Install Google Chrome on Windows 11
To set Chrome as default browser in Windows 11, you should initially have the Google Chrome browser introduced into your Windows 11 PC.
- To begin with, open Microsoft Edge or some other browser if there is any from the ‘Start Menu’ on your Windows 11 PC.
- Then, to download Chrome go to google.com/chrome and tap on the ‘Download Chrome’ button on the site.
- Presently, Edge will download the ChromeSetup.exe document on your Laptop or PC.
- Then, You will see a download standard when the download is finished, select the ‘Open record’ choice from the pennant box which will take you to the registry in File Explorer where the document is downloaded.
- At last, double tap on the downloaded document to introduce Google Chrome, and after that simply adhere to the on-screen directions, and you are good to go!
2 Ways to Set Chrome as Default Browser on Windows 11
After you have effectively introduced on your PC, There are two strategies you can make Chrome your default program. The principal strategy that you can do is from your Chrome Settings application and the other is from the Windows 11 Settings. We should investigate the two of them.
Method 1. Make Chrome Default Browser in Windows 11 using Windows Settings
Windows 11 permits you to effortlessly change the default applications by unifying the default applications in a single spot. When you realize where to go, it becomes as basic as could really be expected.
Follow the beneath steps to set Chrome as default browser in Windows 11 utilizing Windows Settings application:
- To begin, first tap on the ‘Start Menu’ and go to the ‘Settings’ application present on the menu.
- Then again, you can likewise utilize Windows + I alternate route from your console straightforwardly to dispatch the ‘Settings’ application.
- Presently, tap on the ‘Applications’ alternative from the left board in the Settings screen.
- Then, select the ‘Default applications’ choice from the ‘Applications’ settings screen.
- Presently you will have 2 choices before you. You can set Chrome as default browser in windows 11 via looking for a specific record type or you can look for the ‘Chrome’ application and select the document types it should open naturally on the following screen.
Method 2. Make Chrome Default Browser in Windows 11 using Chrome Settings
Google’s Chrome browser furnishes you with an advantageous arrangement. You simply need to go to its settings and set Chrome as default browser in Windows 11. This is the means by which you do it:
- To set Chrome as default browser in Windows 11, first open Chrome by tapping on the ‘Chrome’ symbol in the Start Menu, Windows Taskbar, or from your work area.
- Then, tap on the (three vertical dabs) menu in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Then, at that point, discover the ‘Settings’ choice from the flood menu and tap on it.
- Presently, tap on the ‘Default brouser’ alternative on the left part of the Chrome window.
- Tap ‘Eager for advancement default’ button present on the screen.
- After you click ‘Eager for advancement default’ button in Chrome, your ‘Default Apps’ window in the framework ‘Settings’ will open.
- Presently, you can either set Chrome to be your default choice by the document/interface type, or you can go to the ‘Chrome’ application menu to set it to default for all the upheld record types.
That is it, Google Chrome has been set as your default browser on Windows 11.
This is the means by which you can set Chrome as default browser in Windows 11 PC and PC. For that, you need to have Google Chrome introduced in your Windows 11 PC, and afterward you have two different ways to set Google Chrome as your default browser in your PC. You can either utilize Chrome Settings or you can utilize Windows 11 Settings. The two techniques are quite straightforward and simple. Ultimately! Appreciate Windows 11!
More to read: