How to turn off the Apple TV keyboard notification on iPhone and iPad? I bet you use your iPhone or iPad as a keyboard to type on Apple TV. This feature is implemented through push notifications that appear when Apple TV is waiting for a keystroke. If you don’t want or don’t want this notification to appear on your device’s screen, follow the steps below to delete it.
In this article, I will show you how to turn off the Apple TV keyboard notification on iPhone and iPad, and learn about two other ways to enter text on Apple TV.
Disable the Apple TV Keyboard Notification on your iPhone or iPad
Apple TV keyboard notifications only appear on devices associated with the same Apple ID that you use on Apple TV. They are displayed on your iPhone or iPad at the same time.
When two devices are in the same room, this can be a little overwhelming. One solution is to turn it off on a specific device, such as an iPad, while keeping it on on the iPhone. If you are still using the iPod Touch, you can also use it.
To turn off the Apple TV keyboard notification on iPhone and iPad, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Settings app on the device and select “Notifications.”
- From here, scroll down and find “Apple TV Keyboard” in the list. Click on it.
- You can now customize how you want the notification to be displayed.
- To disable or turn it off entirely, uncheck “Allow Notifications.” You won’t see the notification on this particular device again.
The best way is to turn off the “banner” so that the notification does not appear at the top of the screen, but it can still be accessed from the lock screen or action center. Remember, once Apple TV stops accepting keystrokes, the notification will be deleted automatically, so you don’t need to turn it off manually.
If you want to turn on or turn on Apple TV keyboard notifications on your iPad or iPhone, you need to go to “Settings”> “Notifications”> “Apple TV Keyboard” and turn on “Allow Notifications” again. Then everything is ready.
Two Other Ways for Entering Text on an Apple TV instead of using your iPhone or iPad
Compared with writing letter by letter with the Apple TV remote, the typing experience on Apple TV with iPhone or iPad is much better. But don’t forget that there are other solutions. See below:
- Use the Siri option on the remote control: it has a microphone that is great for text input. You can hold down the Siri button that looks like a microphone and use it when you see a text input box on Apple TV. Press and release the key you want to speak to complete the process. Siri translates everything you say into written text. The final voice command is not perfect, but it is not bad.
- Use a Bluetooth keyboard: If you are looking for other solutions, remember that you can plug almost any Bluetooth keyboard into Apple TV to get full keyboard input. This is the same process as pairing an Xbox controller or PS4 controller with an Apple TV.
This is how you can disable or turn off the Apple TV keyboard notification on iPhone and iPad, and also some other options that you can use instead of iPhone or iPad for entering your text in on an Apple TV. Good Luck!